Dear Reader – Spring 2020

Dear Reader,

We have big news. In our rapidly-changing society, we have been presented with a crisis, and, now more than ever, it’s important for us to amplify the voiceless. We are delaying our spring print issue and dedicating ourselves to covering the declared pandemic of COVID-19 (aka coronavirus) and its impact on you, the youth of Louisville. Everyone has a stake in this global phenomenon.

Right now in our city, journalists are overwhelmed. They are working around the clock to update statistics of the infection rate, death rate, when schools are closed, etc. It is understandable that their priority is the immediate future. That being said, it’s time for us to step in and use our platform as student journalists. This is our issue, too. 

Stay tuned to our website in the upcoming weeks for exclusive content by and for students. Where can JCPS students get promised meals? Where do international students at U of L go? What does this mean for our city’s economy? Why do I need to worry about this anyway? We have the answers to your questions. 

We also want to hear from you. What are you most worried about? Send us your stories and tips to [email protected] so we can best serve you during this time of global crisis.

Happy Reading,

Ysa Leon

Editor-in-Chief