A newsmagazine by and for the youth of Louisville

On the Record

On the Record

On the Record

Business Spotlight: Please and Thank You

Please and Thank You is a local business that specializes in coffee, baked goods, and their famous chocolate chip cookies. Marketing Assistants Frances Fendig and Dea Rexhepi visit one of the Please and Thank You locations to give the official OTR stamp of approval.

Restaurant: Please & Thank You

Location: 800 E Market St, Louisville, KY 40206

Price: $

Phone: (502) 553-0113

Rating: ★★★★★

Hours: Monday-Saturday: 7AM-5:30PM

Sunday: 8AM-5:30PM

Please & Thank You bakery and coffee shop, located in NuLu, is the perfect place to grab a sweet treat after shopping at all the local businesses on Market Street. As soon as you step into the restaurant, there’s immediately a very welcoming and airy vibe. The store is bright and sunny with large windows overlooking the bustling street outside with plants tucked into every corner. There is a vintage jukebox where customers can put in coins and play any music of their choice that contributes to the relaxing atmosphere of the room. 

We tried a variety of items from the café, including the nationally acclaimed chocolate chip cookies, a chocolate brownie, and a rosemary lemonade. The cookies lived up to their expectations and were very warm and chocolatey. They were a perfect combo of crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. We also sampled their salty, dark chocolate brownie, which was super rich and complemented the cookie well. Along with the cookie and the brownie, we ordered a rosemary lemonade that was citrusy with a tangy lemon flavor. The sweet, tart lemonade with a hint of rosemary, was the perfect drink on a spring day. 

Stopping at Please & Thank You was the perfect way to end our day on NuLu. Overall, it is a cute and cozy spot to enjoy a spring afternoon with friends. We definitely recommend paying a visit if you’re ever in the area and trying one of our recommendations!