A newsmagazine by and for the youth of Louisville

On the Record

On the Record

On the Record

Zoe’s Pick: Top 5 Fall Movies

Zoe’s favorite fall movies that welcome the refreshing fall feeling.

Football games, Charlie Brown Specials, and Brandy Melville sweaters are making their fall debut. While sometimes hard to pull away from the excitement of summer, immersing yourself into the plot of fall themed movies creates excitement for the season. These are some of my favorite classic fall movies that get me ready to say goodbye to the easy feeling of summer and hello to turning leaves and happy holidays. 

5. Beetlejuice

Recently deceased and newcomers-to-the-afterlife, couple Barbara and Alec Maitland are forced to haunt their home forever, with other people living in it. Hoity-toity and from the city, they are people that no one would want to spend eternity with. The only way for the couple to kick them out of their residency is through contacting an obnoxious and self proclaimed “bio-exorcist” demon, Beetlejuice. The movie puts a comedic and downright outlandish twist onto the Halloween fever craze.

4. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone

The first of a groundbreaking 8 part series that rocked the nation from its debut to now, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone still is a staple of the fall feeling. As Harry Potter navigates a new witchy world unknown to him for his entire life, we also meet the wonderful world of wizarding just in time for Halloween.

3. The Strangers

It’s what everyone’s afraid of: someone breaking in. That the bump in the night is actually someone in the house and you’re not just hearing things. The scary twist The Strangers puts on it is that it’s not a sick form of revenge. All of the unspeakable crimes that go on in the movie is not because of a debt that must be repayed. The attacks placed onto the victims are for one reason only, “because you were home”.

2. When Harry Met Sally

A romcom classic for good reason, When Harry Met Sally makes the viewer crave a unique romance with the backdrop of late 80’s Chicago. Tied together by the cast closet of sweaters and Levi’s jeans, actors Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan paint a pretty picture of autumn. 

1. Remember The Titans

A movie that those who don’t love football can enjoy, Remember The Titans gets me more than ready for football season. Set in newly integrated society, Herman Boone must coach a star studded team that has the talent to make it bigger than their small Texas town, but wants to do anything but play together.