A newsmagazine by and for the youth of Louisville

On the Record

On the Record

On the Record

Music Monday (5/06/24): Frances Fendig

Frances Fendig, sophomore marketing assistant, shares her favorite songs to listen to as we approach summer break!

Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant

Whenever I’m on the way to field hockey practice or running errands with my mom, this is my go-to song. It is both calming and nostalgic, making it a great option for quiet afternoons spent driving in the car. 

Brazil by Declan Mckenna

Last June, I saw Declan Mckenna perform Brazil live at the Mercury Ballroom. This song’s upbeat tempo and catchy lyrics make it the perfect song to blast in the car on the way to the pool. 

Stubborn Love by The Lumineers

While I enjoy all of the songs by the Lumineers, this one is my favorite by far. Every time it comes on I’m reminded of hikes I took with my friends in the North Carolina mountains. 

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men

This song holds a special place in my heart. Every summer when my family would drive to Washington D.C., we played its sentimental tune on repeat.  

Stolen Dance by Milky Chance

Driving through 30A in Florida last summer, this song was always on in my airpods. Its rhythmic, snappy baseline, and carefree chorus add to the easy-going vibe that is perfect for cruising down the highway.